There’s no doubt about it… video is ‘the new black’ as far as digital communication is concerned.
The onward march of mobile devices as most people’s preferred method of online connectivity is changing how businesses deliver their message to customers around the world.
Big business is having a hard time keeping up. Although they can throw money at high production video ads, it takes time and an awful lot of cash. They also have to buy media slots on video networks and schedule their exposure well in advance.
As well as that, most people today are virtually ad-blind. Folks just don’t want ads. What do you do when the ad starts playing on YouTube? It’s highly likely you totally blank it and wait to hit the ’Skip Ad’ option when it pops up in the bottom corner. Then boom, another ad bites the dust!
Until now, small businesses have never had a look in as far as video promotion is concerned. Well now they do, thanks to a free app. Adobe Spark, software that enables anyone to produce top quality video very quickly and publish it to the world in moments.
In fact you can make a professional video presentation in minutes with nothing more than an iPad or iPhone and Adobe Spark. Everything you need, from images and themes through to music is already built-in and the device provides the tools to input quality images and voiceover in a snap.
There’s No Filming.
Just talk into your device to tell your story, one line at a time. The software will even sweeten your voice to make you sound amazing and overlay that on top of your chosen soundtrack for a polished finish. Pick images and icons to illustrate your message, easily add some pretty slick animation and you’re done.
Sadly the app. isn’t currently available for Android devices so you do need to own an iOS device.
When you first open Adobe Spark you are taken to a launch screen that gives you the opportunity to check out existing presentations created by other users who have flagged their work for public view.
The quality of the finished videos is testament to the brilliant usability of the app. There are many stunning real-world examples and some great ideas.
Here’s a few of the main features of Adobe Spark:
- It’s completely free. Simply download it from the iTunes App. Store.
- It’s so easy to use. Just tell your story one slide at a time and build up your video in minutes.
- Add your own photos to the video. You can add photos from a variety of sources, including those you already have on your iPad or iPhone, in a Facebook album or on Dropbox. You can then animate them to make a really compelling video.
- Adobe Spark also gives you access to thousands of beautifully designed icons and over one million Creative Commons photos.
- Video import is not supported in Spark at this time. Adobe says, “Telling an impactful story isn’t easy. In order to keep the focus on your message, we’re keeping things simple by using icons and images to help you convey your thoughts and ideas.”
- A selection of professionally composed, instrumental music tracks are available for you to use for free as a musical bed behind your voice over.
- Built-in themes provide a quick and easy way to define the look of your Spark video. Through a powerful combination of animation, colour, style and fonts, you can find one that best suits your story to maximise impact.
The important thing is that you share your story, so how do you do that? Spark provides a quick and easy way to share your creation with the world. Just tap the upward arrow in the top right corner, and you can publish and post your video on Twitter, Facebook, email, text message or embed it on your website, without thinking about file types. You can also save your video to Camera Roll as a movie file to play offline, upload to other video websites, or remix with other apps.
What about video hosting? Adobe wanted to make sharing effortless with Spark, so video hosting is built-in. Each video you publish will appear on its own Spark web page. No unrelated videos, no random ads — just your story in the centre of the page, in high-quality HD. You can also embed it where you want on your own website.
Anyone can watch it from wherever they are, on a phone, tablet or computer and there’s currently no limit to the number of videos you can produce. You also have the option to share your video via a private link or make it publicly available. A private link allows only the people who have the link to view it. The video will not be made discoverable through a search engine.
I’ll follow this post with a ‘How To’ article in a day or two, for now take a look at Adobe Spark for yourself and get your movie message out there.
Also, check out this quick demo video from Justin@JustThisGood.