Digital Video Drives Sales – There’s no question about the popularity of video as a digital marketing tool and now studies are proving that its use is responsible for driving increased sales activity.
A recent study by global technology company YuMe Inc. shows that viewing triggers video sharing and strong emotional responses, with two-thirds of digital video viewers taking action after seeing an ad.
“The Power of Video” study unveils some interesting findings:
- 66% of digital video viewers take action after seeing an ad
- Viewers are twice as likely to tell others about a video than image or text ads
- 25% of viewers purchased a product after seeing a video ad and 74% of those did so in the past month
- 73% of respondents remember more from video than other types of content
- Over 50% of digital video viewers are more likely to pay attention to a digital video ad than ads with images or text only
- 32% of viewers share digital video with others
- 80% of viewers have an emotional reaction while watching video
“This study clearly reinforces what our clients have long known: the true power of video is its ability to drive stronger engagement and positively impact sales,” said Stephanie Gaines, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, YuMe. “This is an exciting time for digital advertising, as we’re seeing video ads deliver real returns against sales metrics. As our findings indicate, consumers respond well to video by engaging, sharing and buying products, at a rate that is 1.7x more effective than other forms of digital advertising.”
YuMe commissioned Vision Critical to survey more than 1,000 respondents to understand the power of video today and its role in digital advertising.
To download the “Power of Video” infographic visit http://www.yume.com/PowerOfVideo